Relocating to a new city? A new province? A new country? Wherever your destination may be, a long-distance move can seem daunting. It will help immensely if you are organized and have a little help along the way. Below are some packing tips from us to keep your long-distance move smooth and stress free.
- No carton should be so large that it will obstruct the view when carried or be over 23kg (50lbs) when packed. This is going to make it easy for transporting.
- DO NOT over-fill or under-fill cartons; this practice increases the risk of damage. Tops must be close flat and be sealed with tape.
- Pack heavier items on the bottom and lighter items on top. Pack them tight enough so they will not shift.
- Record the contents of each carton in a notebook. Label each carton with your name and room location. This one is very important and will make unpacking much easier.
- Send your valuables by registered mail or security carrier, or carry them with you. Halifax Transfer cannot accept responsibility for the shipment.
- Prepare a Load Last – Unload First carton for things you will need as soon as you arrive in your new home.
Still don’t know where to begin? Don’t worry, we’ll come to your home or business to determine what you need to simplify your move. We offer services to make move preparation, and the actual move, easier:
• Transportation of items large and small
Whatever you need, we’ll custom design your experience and carry it out with our trained staff.
Take the stress out of the details! We can also arrange for the easy-to-overlook third party services:
• House cleaning
• Appliance preparation
• Pool table transportation
Want a free, no-obligation estimate? We have friendly and helpful professional consultants trained to answer questions eager to help with your long-distance move. Halifax Transfer prides itself on being committed to addressing your individual needs from start to finish.
Call us today at 902-468-MOVE (6683)!